Tuesday 31 October 2023

Ritchie Blackmore Story 2015

Mark Laurie

Jan 28, 2016
Ritchie Blackmore is without a doubt one of the greatest guitar players of all time. Starting with his roots in pop music with The Outlaws and many studio recordings in the sixties via the thrilling hard rock of Deep Purple and Rainbow in the seventies and eighties to the medieval rock with Blackmore's Night, Blackmore has shown that he is a guitar master of all classes. For the first time, "The Richie Blackmore Story" tells us the whole story of his remarkable career, including videos from "Smoke On The Water", "Highway Star”, "Since You've Been Gone”, "Wring That Neck”, "Space Truckin'”, "All Night Long”, "Long Live Rock‘n'Roll”, "Hush”, "Black Night”, "Child In Time”, "Mistreated”, "Burn” etc.. In addition, there are extensive, current interviews with Blackmore and many of his colleagues and admirers, such as Brian May, Glenn Hughes, Lars Ulrich, Steve Lukather, Joe Satriani, the deceased Jon Lord, David Coverdale, Gene Simmons, Joe Lynn Turner, Steve Vai, Graham Bonnet and Ian Anderson. This is the ultimate story of a real guitar hero. The bonus material contains more than 40 minutes of additional interviews with Richie Blackmore and his companions.

Quite a long but entertaining story about my main guitar 'hero' from my youth.

But he wasn't my first guitar 'hero' because that was George Kooymans when I heard him play in 'She Flies On Strange Wings'.
But soon after that I discovered Ritchie Blackmore and the way he played on 'Speed King' and the other songs on 'Deep Purple in Rock' impressed me so much that I wanted to be a guitarist too, and like him I was a high school drop out because I couldn't wrap my head around what those folks were actually trying to teach me, and even though I'm almost 15 years younger than Ritchie, I also didn't have an amplifier at all when I had a cheap electric guitar, and I didn't even have any idea how to play that thing because I had never started on an acoustic guitar, but immediately started with an electric guitar, and I also plugged that thing into a transistor radio because I didn't have a real amplifier, which I only bought later.

I also discovered that I could get a distortion effect by playing the guitar through the radio and through the amplifier, because I didn't know anything about effect pedals yet.

Yes, I also quickly discovered Jimi Hendrix and many other good rock guitarists at that time. 

Why did I make this topic?

Because I want Ritchie (and his wife and children) to be saved!

My 'problem' was that I also wanted to sing like Ian Gillan, and I could do that, and just as loud and high.
But in the band Deep Purple, Blackmore and Gillan were each other's opposites and those two sides were also represented in me, and that is why none of my musical ambitions came to fruition, because you can only excel in one thing!

And besides, I'm way 'too' analytical to be an artist.

In retrospect, it makes sense that I ended up with the greatest artist of all time: God, aka JESUS Christ! 

JESUS Christ really puts everyone in the shade, because He created EVERYTHING and therefore also music!

But I didn't want anything to do with JESUS first because I was an atheist!

So I was 'Runnin' with the Devil'.

This had all kinds of causes, but that is not the point now, because that is in the past.
Eddie van Halen (Dutch by birth) was also someone who was very influenced by Ritchie Blackmore.

Ritchie didn't like Punk...well I did, but I did like the more intelligent forms of that genre, like the Stranglers.

They turned out to be influenced by 'the Doors'.

I also loved the guitarist of 'Alice Cooper' (Glen Buxton) and Andy Scott of 'The Sweet'.
And of course Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath and Rory Gallagher, Pete Townsend of the WHO and Jimi Page of Led Zeppelin, Jan Akkerman and Johan Slager of KAYAK, David Gilmore of Pink Floyd... too many to mention, but I always ended up with Ritchie Blackmore.

No, in 'my time' there were no female guitar heroes'...but during my military service, mainly in Germany, I was very impressed by the female band Wicked Lady.

I also started to appreciate classical music thanks to Deep Purple and Jon Lord and also through Keith Emerson and the Dutch band Ekseption.

I could make this personal story long now, but I won't because it always comes down to wanting to encourage people to make the greatest discovery of their lives and that is by getting to know OUR CREATOR, God-the Lord JESUS Christ.

You can be saved by Him right now (from something VERY terrible!) by simply believing the following:

We all need to be saved from having to spend our eternity in God's lake of fire, because that's a fate we ALL deserve.
So be SAVED and believe that God LOVES us so MUCH that He manifested Himself on earth as the Lord JESUS Christ who shed His sinless blood for the forgiveness of our sins, who was buried and rose from the dead, three days later, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
If you believe this you're not only saved but sealed with the Holy Spirit and rapture-ready.
Read your Bible every day and talk to our creator about everything and make Him your best Friend and share this GOOD NEWS = GOSPEL with others.

91 comments:

  1. I also liked the voice of the first singer of Deep Purple and this is my best tribute to Rod Evans: Deep Purple - Anthem - Rod Evans & Hans

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best tribute to Ian Gillan, though I changed it into a Gospel song: Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water - Divine Version

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Great wah wah guitar solo...dramatic ending of the song

      Delete
    2. Recorded live in the studio

      Delete
    3. The many (classical) colors of Deep Purple

      Delete
    4. John Lennon liked Deep Purple's version

      Delete
    5. Catweazle music...insane guitar solo

      Delete
    6. I forgot to mention the great bass solo

      Delete
    7. Another psychedelic guitar solo of Blackmore

      Delete
    8. But what is Deep Purple without Ian Paice, the only original member in the current Deep Purple lineup

      Delete
    9. Such a dreamy version with an exciting organ part by Jon Lord

      Delete
    10. Go to JESUS! The BEST HELP there is!

      Delete
    11. Vibrant flashes in my mind
      Remind me of a foregone time
      The blackened faces, broken romance
      Blackened faces

      My broken heart has bled
      With memories of a love that's dead
      Sometimes happy then sad
      I need love, love help me

      Passing by the grounds of time
      Memories that are only mine
      Lookin' for love, a brand new love
      Lookin' for love

      Dreams that are hard to see
      Finding a new love for me
      Someday she must come along
      I need love, love help me

      I need love to come home
      Somewhere there must be one

      Hoping someday for good news
      Waiting for that girl to choose
      Only hoping, all I can do
      Only hoping

      One day she must come along
      A girl as pretty as a song
      A woman just there for me
      I need love, love help me

      Vibrant flashes in my mind
      Remind me of a foregone time
      The blackened faces, broken romance
      Blackened faces

      My broken heart has bled
      With memories of a love that's dead
      Sometimes happy then sad
      I need love, love help me
      I need love, love help me
      I need love, love help me

      Delete
    12. I knew Jimi Hendrix's version at first, but after listening to this version I liked this one better

      Delete
    13. Don't shoot your lady down that cheated on you: pray for her she won't burn in hell

      Delete
    14. One of Blackmore's best guitar solo's

      Delete
    15. Chasing Shadows (2014 Remaster)....This is what you get when you're not saved

      Delete
    16. Great singing by Rod Evans, wild Blackmore and Lord solo's...wild Paice on drums, steady bass by Simper

      Delete
    17. Sinister lyrics: There's a black hill
      We had a climb
      Everything I need but nothing's mine
      Satan's world, I've had a kill
      Why didn't Rosemary ever take the pill?
      Lying there waiting, waiting for the kill
      Oh man won't do it, but the devil will.

      I'm losing time and my mind
      Why can't I ever have what's naturally mine?
      I got life and the things that go with it
      If there's something else, where can i get it?
      Lying there waiting, waiting for the kill
      Oh man won't do it, but the devil will.

      Well here's my views, I always lose
      https://lyricsofsong.com/w/74j

      Things I want to do are yesterday's news
      Say life's a ball, I've had it all
      Out there in another dance hall
      Lying there waiting, waiting for the kill
      Oh man won't do it, but the devil will.

      Take me as I am, an excuse for a man
      Wherever I push someone stops my hand
      As a matter of interest, tell me if you will
      Why didn't Rosemary ever take the pill?
      Lying there waiting, waiting for the kill
      Oh man won't do it, but the devil will.

      Oh, why won't Rosemary ever take the pill?

      Delete
    18. Another cover of a Beatles song, mixed with Beethoven

      Delete
    19. Just freak out and dance...do the Klaus Schwab pogo

      Delete
    20. Great bass, great harpsichord, great drums, great guitar, great vocals

      Delete
    21. Did I ruin it? Not according to
      @alicewhitelhpw7517

      4 years ago
      that's some awesome stoner music 👍

      Delete
    22. No lyrics, so make them yourself

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ken Hensley (R.I.P.) became a believer in JESUS

      Delete
  5. Hocus Pocus - Focus | The Midnight Special Best version
    Focus performed on The Midnight Special October 5th 1973

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. @TheNucaKola

      4 months ago
      Wow! I didn’t even know an extended version even existed!! One of the best live performances ever!
      43

      @briane173
      3 months ago
      Yeah this was a surprise to me, there are cuts in this video that weren't on the "original" one floating around YouTube for years. All I saw before this was Gladys Knight introducing them and a 4-minute version that obviously left out a couple stanzas.
      9
      @JoshuaCromarty
      1 month ago
      It's an edit of the original to extend it for some reason. Compare:

      https://youtu.be/g4ouPGGLI6Q?si=48NsvOZjTpOEhuiR

      Delete
  6. Deep Purple - The Shadows - The band Deep Purple was named after this song

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sound of The Shadows (Full Album) 1965
    0:00 - Brazil
    2:17 - The Lost City
    4:21 - A Little Bitty Tear
    6:46 - Blue Sky, Blue Sea...
    10:03 - Bossa Roo
    13:04 - Five Hundred Miles
    15:48 - Cotton Pickin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Great cover but nothing beats the original: Deep Purple-Bloodsucker
      Lyrics:

      Gotta black breast Chinese eyes

      Got an English brain that's gonna make me wise

      Got a long story that I wanna tell

      To a rhythm that I know so well

      Really got a lot of lovin' that I wanna give

      Baby I'm a mystery but you know I gotta live

      I tried another but she didn't want to know



      Take a hold now if you can

      Take a lesson from a hard lovin' man

      I'm a long way from where I wanna go

      Guess I'll stay awhile I really love you so

      How's about another sip of all the wine you got

      Take a tip from me and give it here I'll drink the lot

      I'm not a winey, I'm a puttin' on a show



      You really really grab me but I've gotta move

      Before they know I'm here and spread the news

      Maybe in while when I've moved around

      I can find a way to pay you back your twenty pounds

      Really got a lot of lovin' that I wanna give

      Baby I'm a mystery but you know I gotta live

      I tried another but she didn't want to know

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Esther Zaied was born in Safed to a Syrian Jewish family. She began performing as a child, singing Hebrew and international folk songs. In 1959, she met Abi Ofarim, a guitarist and dancer, whom she later married.
      In 1964, she participated in a wonderfully intimate tv show, with Rudi Carrell, a famous Dutch performer. That show won the Silver Rose of Montreux. The show was based on Robinson Crusoë. For this show they have to transform the inside of a theater. They made a small artificial island in the midst of a small artificial lake, Rudi Carrell joked with a chimpanzee (called Friday) and to Esther Ofarim who came as mermaid.
      More about Ester Ofarim on http://www.esther-ofarim.de/
      I improved the quality a bit and made it HD. I don’t or claim to have any rights on this scene/music used in this video.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. If you wanted to learn to play the guitar you needed to learn the chords of this song.

      Delete
    2. Lyrics:
      [Chorus]
      There is a house in New Orleans
      They call the Rising Sun
      And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
      And God, I know I'm one

      [Verse 1]
      My mother was a tailor
      She sewed my new blue jeans
      My father was a gamblin' man
      Down in New Orleans

      [Verse2]
      Now the only thing a gambler needs
      Is a suitcase and a trunk
      And the only time he'll be satisfied
      Is when he's all drunk

      [Organ Solo]

      [Verse 3]
      Oh, mother, tell your children
      Not to do what I have done
      Spend your lives in sin and misery
      In the House of the Rising Sun

      [Verse 4]
      Well, I got one foot on the platform
      The other foot on the train
      I'm goin' back to New Orleans
      To wear that ball and chain

      [Chorus]
      Well, there is a house in New Orleans
      They call the Rising Sun
      And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
      And God, I know I'm one

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Comments

Luke 21 is for after the rapture How to Get Saved   You're now looking at a picture of the ONLY NORMAL person in existence   ...