Tuesday 24 May 2022

Dutch inventions you never knew were Dutch

Oct 4, 2021

 

Questions from the Dutch when they find out I'm Australian

 

I've lived 2 years in Australia and after that we decided (we had 2 young children) to go back to the Netherlands even though we could have stayed Down Under. Don't get me wrong, living in Australia was great but we still found it better to return. The main reasons being:
- If you live in Australia and you like travelling and enjoy different cultures or different places, you have to travel a lot. I only realised how big and far away it is after living there some time. It is very easy to travel anywhere in Europe or even North America from the Netherlands. Traveling anywhere outside Australia will take a full day very quickly (or even within Australia).
- I prefer the school system in the Netherlands. In Australia I feel there is a divide between children who go to public and private schools.
- I absolutely missed the ability to go cycling everywhere. I really love that my kids can cycle to school or sports in the Netherlands, in Australia (almost) everything must be done by car. Also you'd hardly see any kids playing outside in Australia (except under supervision in parks, but in general people go to those parks by car)
- The work culture in Australia is also something I found hard to appreciate. People are laid back, but that also means people often don't honour their commitments. There is also a culture of beating around the bush and not really expressing what people think (but I guess Dutchies will struggle with that everywhere)

There are also plenty of things that I do love about living Australia and are better than in the Netherlands:
- the nature is stunning (beaches, tropical forests, deserts, etc..) and to be in those places virtually alone is amazing. The space and emptiness of the country is something I really miss (especially since it is almost impossible to enjoy some quiet nature The Netherlands)
- people are laid back: very friendly and don't worry too much about the clock (also much easier to organise last minute events)
- I like the weather better in Australia (although I fully realise that Australia is very big and there are plenty of places in Australia where you don't want to be certain times of the year)

All in all every country has it's pro's and cons. In general I would say I would prefer to travel around in Australia, but I'd rather live in the Netherlands.

 

 

May Casey get saved and her husband and daughter too.

We all need to get saved from having to spend our eternity in God's lake of fire, because that's a fate we ALL deserve.
So get SAVED and believe that God LOVES us so MUCH that He manifested Himself on earth as the Lord JESUS Christ who shed His sinless blood for the forgiveness of our sins, who was buried and rose from the dead, three days later. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
If you believe this you're not only saved but sealed with the Holy Spirit and rapture-ready.
Read your Bible everyday and talk to our creator about everything and make Him your best Friend and share this GOOD NEWS = GOSPEL with others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Het einddoel: het merkteken van het beest - The end goal: the mark of the beast

BOVEN DE WET - DE JENSEN SHOW #635 ABOVE THE LAW - THE JENSEN SHOW #635   Wat er de afgelopen vier jaar is gebeurd is supermisdadig en de da...